You can still purchase ISDN lines up until September 2023, with a forced migration phase between April and December 2025. You have until 2025 to decide on what is the best option for your business before making the switch. If your contract is approaching an end, it would be a good time to start considering what will benefit your business best.
Switching from ISDN may sound like a daunting upheaval, but it is actually much easier than you think.
- ISDN will be replaced with IP technology, with VOIP and SIP being the best options. These rely on an internet connection to function and are also less expensive, require fewer physical lines and are more scalable and flexible than ISDN.
- Before deciding to move to VOIP, check that you have an internet connection that is strong enough to deliver both voice traffic and internet traffic on the same connection.
- Check to make sure your existing phone system can support VOIP. The majority of recent systems will, but older systems might be different. You may need to replace the phone system or alternatively you can move to a cloud based telephony service.
- It is a great time to evaluate how your business telephone system can help your business work more effectively. Moving to cloud-based solution allows for remote working and even managing your phone system internally, via online.
- Take into account the timescales of moving in relation to contract end dates. To move over seamlessly, think about the activation of the new lines and porting your phone numbers over.
Switching from ISDN will ultimately be more cost effective for your business, you may also discover that your business can function on fewer lines than you currently have, resulting in further reduced monthly costs.
When the time is right for you to move from ISDN, Partner with Aspen and we will find the right solution for your business to stay connected.
For more information on the Telecom solutions Aspen provide, please click here.
Back to previous