Another great project for Aspen Solutions and even during lockdown, we’ve been hard at work. This time our client was the iconic Rosslyn Chapel Trust.
Founded in 1446, Rosslyn Chapel has inspired, attracted and intrigued visitors for generations. As featured in ‘The Da Vinci Code’!
The Chapel is still family-owned and its owners, The Earl and Countess of Rosslyn, are among the Trustees of Rosslyn Chapel Trust, which was established in 1995 to care for the Chapel and oversee its conservation and public access.
Rosslyn Chapel Trust’s existing Microsoft Server infrastructure was due to go End of Life. Microsoft communicated that they would be no longer providing security patches for their current Small Business Server product creating a security risk for the Trust. This created a timely opportunity to migrate the Trust’s email platform onto the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365. This project became even more important as the Trust’s employees were forced to work remotely due to the UK-wide lockdown.
Aspen Solutions were able to work remotely on the existing on-premise infrastructure to prepare the email system to be migrated onto the cloud platform. This allowed the end user to access their existing email inboxes on any device through the Office 365 platform. Integrated tools such as Microsoft Teams and OneDrive allowed more dynamic online collaboration between employees working from home.
• Most 365 migrations look to port the original mail setup onto the cloud equivalent, however we did not believe this would deliver the best outcome from a migration project.
• We worked with the Trust to review their existing setup and optimise it for the cloud. This ensured only the correct licenses were purchased for cost effectiveness.
• A remote migration was planned over a weekend in lockdown to take all the data from their existing platform to Office 365 system.
• We delivered an out-of-hours migration proposal that would involve migrating the data from the existing mail servers to the cloud over the weekend to ensure there was no down time for the client.
• This ensured that the Trust had access to all their existing emails on the new cloud system. Allowing user to seamlessly pick up where they left off.
• It was carried out remotely for safety during lockdown.
• Overnight the Trust had an email system that allowed their team to access company information at any time, on any device, from any location securely.
• The flexibility was perfect to support the client and keep their team safely working from home during UK lockdown.
• Increased online collaboration has been great for efficiency. The client worked remotely making use of OneDrive to share Files and Teams video calls to interact with colleagues and customers.
We thank all the team at Rosslyn Chapel Trust for this opportunity. If we can help your business improve efficiency, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Image used courtesy of Rosslyn Chapel Trust.Back to previous