2020 has definitely been challenging for us all. However, we at Aspen Solutions we never stopped looking after clients with IT support and sales enquiries. With many of us still working from home, we thought we’d share some top tips from the Aspen team that might help you…
• Maintain regular hours – the 9am until 5pm working day can be blurred with no colleagues around. It is very possible to lose all track of time whilst you’re “in the zone”. You may find that you’ll be more productive without phones going off and people chatting around you, but don’t forget take your lunch break and finish on time.
• Create a morning routine – getting out of bed without ample time before you start work might not be the best way to start your day. Additionally, running zoom calls in your pjs and bed head could look a tad unprofessional! Taking the time to come to in the morning without work being your first port of call can do wonders for your mood. Whatever works for you – a quiet cup of coffee, exercise or just taking a quick walk around the block will set you up for the day ahead.
• Get out and about – the commute is gone, but fresh air does help the mind. Try to get out of the house for a walk at least once a day. This is also very good for your mental health. The Scottish Government have more ideas like this via the SAMH website too.
• Keep a dedicated office space – this gives your life balance. If possible, using a spare room as your new office sets up boundaries that will help you switch off.
• Share the wins – exchange positive news with your team. Maybe the news at 6 is weighing you down right now, but we mean a different kind! Sharing good client feedback and new business wins can really make the difference in keeping your team motivated.
• Have the right kit – remember to protect your back. The traditional office normally has the right desks and chairs. However, we might not have these same luxuries at home. We’ve seen a big increase in our furniture enquiries as companies tell employees they’ll WFH for many more months to come. Also essential is the correct hardware. We’re Microsoft Gold Accredited so we can advise you on the best solutions.
If we can help you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Thanks for reading and as always, from everyone at Aspen, stay safe and healthy.
Back to previous