Office Relocation, Office Network and Diverse Carrier Connectivity Solutions for SOL
Support For Ordinary Living are a Scottish Registered Charity providing at home care for individuals in Central Scotland. They are based in Wishaw and Glasgow. SOL utilise technology (SOL Connect) to provide their clients with affordable at-home support. As a result, SOL are heavily reliant on secure communications systems.
Recently, SOL relocated from Motherwell to a new site in Wishaw. Aspen Solutions Ltd. were approached to help with the move.
Aspen advised and assisted during the transition period and helped with planning and deployment during the move. We installed a new Network and WiFi system and installed a resilient Leased Line system utilising diverse networks for security and speed. Aspen liaised with subcontractors and SOL staff to ensure a smooth transfer between the two sites and introduced SOL to carriers and removers to help relocate the staff. We provided a comprehensive communications system utilising VOIP technology to reduce costs and expand facility
Aspen have partnered with ASUS to supply specially commissioned hardware which will allow the SOL Connect system to expand
We are currently planning new office layouts and an upgraded Reception area.
- Understand the existing systems in Motherwell offices
- Work with SOL technical staff to produce coherent plans
- Plan new network for Wishaw offices
- Liaise with subcontractors, architects, factors and SOL staff to produce Scope of Works
- Instigate and supervise Subcontracted networking installations
- Design and supply Carrier Diverse Resilient Leased Line solution
- Design and deploy WiFi Network
- Specify, customise and supply telecoms systems
- Provide staff training on new systems
- Provide all the above within a prescribed time frame
- Partner with Manufacturer to provide hardware suitable for SOL Connect roll out
- Warehouse hardware for client call off
- Continue to work with SOL technical staff to further develop and protect the systems
- Aspen designed and deployed new networks
- We specified new systems and equipment
- Met and liaised with the client and other Contractors
- Introduced the Client directly to third party suppliers to reduce client costs
- Installed a comprehensive public/private WiFi Solution
- Instigated a dialogue throughout the processes
- Rolled out all systems in a non-disruptive environment
- Trained staff and developed the telecoms system in partnership with the client
- Installed a carrier diverse system to ensure communication up-time
- We continue to monitor and develop systems in partnership with SOL technical staff
- WiFi (both public and private) is now available throughout the building.
- New telephones with voicemail and direct dial numbers now deployed to all users
- Internet access continuity has been secured
- All systems have been successfully transferred
- All works completed to agreed schedules
- Aspen working in partnership with ASUS to supply specialist hardware
- Aspen helping develop public areas of the building and refurbish offices
“Aspen helped us to install our IT infrastructure successfully into our new premises. Their staff worked side by side with our IT staff both on- and off-site to ensure that there was minimal downtime during and after the move. Their commitment to delivering the right service to us is impressive and is not easily found elsewhere.”
Bernard Ruddy, Head of Business Support Team
Are you changing your workspace and need a reliable team to help you through the process, get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Back to previous