Sanquhar Tile Services are a UK based producer of bitumen backed carpet tiles. In March 2018, STS was acquired by a US manufacturer of carpet tiles, Shaw Industries Group Inc. Shaw are a multi-national flooring manufacturer employing 20,000 people worldwide. They are based in Georgia in the United States. Shaw have offices throughout Europe and the UK.
Shaw Industries are a committed user of Dell Systems and approached us, as Scotland’s premier Dell PartnerDirect accredited Dealers, to help with the development of STS IT Systems and Services and the integration of STS into the Shaw network.
Using Dell equipment and our extensive knowledge of systems and services, we worked with the technical leads from Shaw US to bring STS into alignment with Shaw Industries standards and policies. STS is now fully integrated into the Shaw Industries Group family
We are now involved with IT Support and hardware roll out to Shaw Groups’ other UK offices and with Shaw Europe, supplying offices in France, Belgium and The Netherlands with hardware and services.
- Understand the existing systems and produce Scope of Works agreement
- Liaise with Networking Contractors to produce diagrams and assist Shaw Operatives to access Network
- Plan the roll out and agree with Project Lead at Shaw US
- Facilitate move to Dell Systems and specify replacement hardware whilst rolling out new equipment without interrupting workflow
- Work with Network contractors to ensure smooth transition. Plus work with Shaw US engineers onsite and collaboratively by Skype etc.
- Integrate existing systems with Shaw Industries and move existing email from 365 to Googlemail
- Continuously support the offices of STS
- Aspen identified the points of weakness in the systems
- We specified new systems and equipment and developed a comprehensive Scope of Works document
- We met and liaised with the client and representatives from both STS and Shaw; existing Support Company to achieve a seamless handover; the Networking Contractor to explain the requirement. We then presented our conclusions and plan
- We instigated a reporting system during the deployment and rolled out the hardware in a non-disruptive environment
- We continue to monitor and develop the systems
Back to previous
- All systems are now fully compliant with Shaw Industries Policies and workflow has been streamlined
- All equipment is standardised, workstations are updated and new units rolled out
- Mail has been moved from 365 to Googlemail
- Reporting and oversight by US based staff has been achieved
- Work continues to improve the environment and further integrate systems with Shaw Industries standards
- Other Shaw offices have been brought into the Aspen Solutions fold